Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why TRG? Why not!


It all started with this message...

hi loran, i am very much amazed and touched by your blogs!! very well said..while im reading those blogs, i cant help figure out where the hell did those come from..you really have a big mind and a big heart..i miss your words, kindness,etc..no wonder u are successful at your age..u will be surprise to know that they are really interested in reading all your blogs..janet olasiman started it and all of a sudden, evrybody's ended up reading it as well..so inspiring..



ms. lorraine, miss n kita, sobra!! take care always and congratulations po pla!!!

all the best...
donna


My TRG family had always been dear to my heart. Would you believe if I say that I just stayed there for less than 6 months but my experiences with TRG had been one of the best moments in my life. A week has never passed without me sharing some funny things about my life back there. I'm sure Jay's ears have already bled by now. It was a good timing that I am thinking of what to share with you guys. When I checked on my friendster account, this was what I saw. It inspired me more to write.



Memories with Mykee, Ronald, Donna, Kit, Jasper, Mike Lati, Rusty, Khalid, Ken, Tyler, Diko, Richard, Jeff (pertaining to all Jeffs), the girls in my A-bay.. Roy, everyone.. really, colored my days every 12am, 11 months ago. My Team Managers before were just bunch of kids. I can't forget the first day I stepped in. I can feel everyone looking at me.. some are excited to work with me. Most of them are intimidated with me. Some would rather keep quiet while I'm around, while there were also some who would dare to talk to me.

Mike, Bong, Ronald and SG talked to me because of their promotion.. Oh yes, it was just my second day then. I was putting on my make up when they surprised me in my office. They expressed their desires of being a Team Manager and they based some of their explanations on seniority, which I truly disapprove.

I was happy that they desire to share what they know. Because most agents would like to be promoted just to get off the phones. Yet, technically- the more you get promoted, the better you should be when a call comes in. A leader should always sharpen the saw. I remembered mentioning this to them- “Your leaders would know a perfect time for its employees, if the leader trained and spent time to know the etiquettes of your work.” Leaders are so synanimous with parents. When I was 14 and I asked my mom for a car, she told me to wait until I reached 18 so I can be trained in road and traffic academy and for me to have a valid license. Promotion is a blessing, isn't it. But He won't give us a blessing that will break us. If I insist in having a car by 14 and drove out of Manila, wouldn't it be illegal and wouldn't I be penalized for that? Similarly, if you insist of becoming a supervisor thinking that you were already ready, wouldn't you lose focus and prioritization on how to hone your agents without compromising your administrative functions (reports, emails, QA, meetings, etc.)? Sometimes, we need to wait a little while and enjoy the fun of waiting to be able to treasure the blessing truly meant for you in the right time. Don't dream of promotion with an expecting heart of comfortability and ease. Strive for promotion with a strong determination to contribute and excel. Going back.. so they got the promotion.

Donna, I personally chose her to be part of my division. I heard that she was afraid of me and she doesn't want me. Her frist day with me was meaningful. I brought her to Starbucks and talked to her. “You don't like me,do you?”, that was my first question. She said that it was not what she meant, she was intimidated but she knows that she'll learn a lot from me. I love working with people who are not yet able but willing. Those people was best exemplified by Donna, Rein, and Jasper.

Sometimes, the best people has an attitude of un-learning the old-fashioned strategies. I'd rather work with people who are creative than intelligent. Intelligence sometimes is being quantified by the capacity to absorb facts. But facts are already owned by someone else. You can no longer brand it "my idea". That is why it has always been my habit to share what I know. Hoarding your knowledge is making you live off to your reserves (as per Paul Arden of It's not how good you are but how good you want to be). The good thing about sharing what you know is that you're able to find new things to contribute after doing so. Meaning, you find ways and means to know more.. to learn.. to share.

I love hearing news from my babies back in TRG. I know that in one way or another, may they've hated me or loved me, may they've talked to me in English or in Tagalog, may I've crticized them or praised them- They learned from me- may it not be so much, but I'm sure there were.. 

No comments: