Friday, May 27, 2016

Last Day in Canada: Whistler, Tantalus, FlyOver Canada, Fairmont Pacific Rim

Day 7: 2nd day in WHISTLER:

We woke up early as hubby and I wanted to explore Whistler during day time. We had our breakfast in the hotel and the food was average for me. It is a decent breakfast but nothing really special as the choices were few.



Early morning walk, we were stunned by the magnificent view that Whistler has to offer. 



The stream, the snow, the bridge, the trees- all put together gave us a great picturesque view. It was the best I’ve seen so far. 





There are also other tourists walking around and a couple came near us to ask their picture to be taken using their iphones and so we did. I took that opportunity too, to have our pictures taken together by them, as well. Finally, we had our picture taken together. 



I can really say that travelling to Whistler was all worth it. I could’ve regretted it if we didn’t go ahead. I was told many times that we were so lucky to have the snow fell on the same day we arrived. We were so happy to hear that. God’s favour is really amazing!


TANTALUS LOOKOUT:

After checking-out , Anthony drove back to Vancouver. But on our way there, he suggested we stopped by Tantalus Lookout.




Tantalus Look out is a two lane scenic highway where you can see rugged mountain peaks and the ocean. This is a favourite location of photographers and film makers. The view was really breath-taking and I was so thankful we had to stop by. Here are some “postcard” photos we took there.




HOTEL: FAIRMONT PACIFIC RIM (5-star)

After 30-45 minutes stay in Tantalus, we drove back to Vancouver and got our things from Aunt Jeru’s house to Fairmont Pacific Rim. This hotel was highly recommended by my client and I really had to take it. I would say that this is the best decision I made in this trip.

Fairmont Pacific Rim is a luxury hotel which is just a few minutes away from harbour and Canada Place. Due to a recommendation from this trusted client, I was able to get a note from their GM and this little thing made me feel special. Little touches, from the personalized greetings to a room prepared ahead of time, captured your emotion already that made you to conclude that they did all these just for you. The room was spacious and the view is magnificent. You can’t even put into words the amusement I got when I saw the room they gave me.







Even the view inside the toilet was amazing. The toilet itself was actually really nice. The bathtub was escalated and was in the middle where you can enjoy the view of the harbour. 


We even had a send-off gathering with my family in the hotel. Jay and the boys bought pizza and beer and we had to play some games before we capped off the evening. 



After checking-in, we packed all our things as our flight the next day is early. We have to make sure that manage to follow the baggage rule. We were allowed 2 luggage each with 20 kg allowance per luggage. In total, we can bring 4 luggage at 80 kg. But please bear in mind that you cannot combine these 80 kg into 3 luggage, for example. It really has to be 4 luggage at 20 kg each. In fact, in the airport, I have to unpack some items and move those to the other luggage so the 20kg each can happen. So we have to do that all for 1 hour at Fairmont.

FLYOVER CANADA:

When done, we decided to walk towards the Harbour and see what they’ve got there. Ivi wanted to bring me to FlyOver Canada, so we tried it. And oh my God, that was awesome! We had a tour of Canada as a whole. We were flying and looking at all the great places in Canada. That was really a great experience.





Realization: This first out of Asia trip made me crave travelling all the more. I never imagined myself flying out so much since this is what I do now with my job and it was tiring, I swear. But I realized that I don’t get tired when I travel with my loved ones, well most especially with my husband. I would want to create more memories with him. I realized that I’m missing him all along and I have disregarded him when I became a mother. Oh well, I am still adjusting on the multi-tasking requirement of being a wife, a mom, a working mom, a daughter, a friend of several groups of friends. It’s not easy, but hey- I am not the only one experiencing this- all married woman and mothers out there are, too. So all I have to do is pray for wisdom that I may spend my time well and made each encounter worthwhile. 

I was so happy we had this trip. We became closer and we re-introduced ourselves to one another. I was happy to know that he was as cool as before and even a better companion now than before. I am so blessed to have him with me and we are so blessed to be given this opportunity to travel together. This American trip will always be remembered. 

No comments: