Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A New Chapter Begins..Pregnancy (Discovery Stage)

So the marriage and honey-moon stage have been more fruitful this year.. God has given us a baby! :)

It is funny how everything started.. 


We got married in 2009 and I told myself that I still don't want a baby. Why? Because I am not yet physically, mentally, and emotionally ready. I still can't see myself giving birth, feeding a baby.. and all that same stuff. I still want to be somebody.. someone successful in the corporate ladder. And thank God, He made me one. I still want more time with my husband.. And I feel so blessed that He gave me the best quality time ever. 


Hubby was already getting impatient as I kept on pushing back the date we initially planned. It started on 2010, pushed back to 2011, then 2012.. When I finally said YES, OK.. LET'S HAVE A BABY.. That was November 2012. He downloaded all the apps related to "best dates" "best food" all these similar stuffs, so as he can get me pregnant. But I got so stressed out and told him that the countdown and the schedule he makes were driving me mad and I can't even enjoy the intimate moment with him as his "OC-DC" is really killing me. I told him to trust in the Lord 100% because He alone knows the perfect timing for everything. I advised him to simply pray and lift up all our worries and cares to Him and He'll give us rest. True enough, he made every minute I have with my husband so memorable and enjoyable. We don't feel pressured anymore whenever everyone is popping out babies. We don't feel stressed anymore everytime "monthly period" starts. The best quality time we've ever had was when we lifted up everything to the Lord- His timing, His provision, His wisdom, and His direction. 



April 13th morning, while I am preparing for our trekking in Bukit Timah Nature Park, I was supposed to take a pregnancy test but because I was so busy packing up, then I've totally forgotten. The trekking made me walk unstoppably for 2.5 hours. I was almost crying and begging to stop and go home. But hubby told me to conquer the paths and it'll feel good after. He encouraged me to pursue coz I don't have any other choice but to do so. Lol. 


April 14th morning, I finally recalled to test. In awe, there were 2 lines in the test. The other one is really visible while the next one is a little blurred. So I still didn't believe. Hubby asked our couple-housemates and they said that I am pregnant. I told him to wait a while and schedule a date with an OB in Thomson before fully celebrating but he really can't wait. He said "he claims this gift already". So he called his mom, my mom, and told our friends about the half-baked-good news. 


April 15th morning, it was confirmed. Yes, I am really pregnant. The baby was not visible yet but another urinary test was conducted and it showed positive result. The doctor told me to avoid caffeine, smoking, and making love within the first trimester. And we were, "What? Making love? Seriously?" But well.. sacrifices need to be done since hubby has waited for this baby for almost 3 years. So this is a good lesson for him to keep- Patience and Sacrifice. hahaha.. 


I was asked to go back on the 29th since the baby might've been 1 month that time. Dr. Lawrence Ang is the OB taking care of me. He looks nice but he speaks fast. hahaha.. I have a lot of questions for him as I believe that 1st trimester is very critical. So I'd like to ask him what should I use from what I shouldn't with all the products I showered from my head to my toes. I know now that Salicylic acid should not be used. I read that adapalene (differin) is also a no-go. Retinol, most specially needs to be stopped. But I have more solutions to ask him.. How about glycol? hair sprays? nail polishes? lipsticks? hmm... 


We are so excited! I began to do on-line window-shopping for my baby's stuffs already. I usually do window-shopping and purchased items for myself or for hubby. But this time.. we allocate funds for the baby. Hubby went to Vivo and sent me a couple of Strollers pictures. I find myself going to baby names and check-list for pregnant woman pages.. Imagine! For 2 days.. from the time the news blasted.. our lives have been changed! That is what the gift of life can do.. It can turn you into someone you thought you're not. That is what God's perfect timing can do.. It can create a better version out of yourself. :) 


More news to come then.. Hope my pregnancy will be all well! :)

No comments: