Tuesday, August 21, 2018

It is OK to travel to the UK in April (Tours & Travel)


We had 3 days of tour and 1 day free and easy. I booked all the tours myself via Viator. I have shared the costs and the links to where you can book the same tours from. Below is the list of travel packages we took advantage of:

DAY 1: Big Bus London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour:

I will say that I love this trip as it gave me a glimpse of the City without walking too much. I was 5 months pregnant with a twin in a high-risk condition and I prefer to do sight-seeing without the stress of moving too much. This tour gave me that privilege. I paid around SGD59++ per pax for this trip and I find it worth the price for the many places I have visited. This link is where I booked this trip. 


We tried both the green and red routes for this tour and we were back in the hotel at around 3pm. Some locations, we went off the bus to have some pictures taken. While for most of it, we stayed in the bus and enjoyed looking at the place. There were a lot of tourists when we came in mid-April. 
We also had a good late lunch at Cote Brasserie. The place was very close to the hotel and they have big servings. 



DAY 2: Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub Lunch in Lacock

We had to wake up early to travel via Uber to the station where the designated bus will pick us up. It was quite a long travel but really worth the time and the efforts. The luxury coach seats were comfortable and the tour guide was very informative and helpful. 
 Picture taken at the Windsor Castle


Picture taken at the Windsor Castle

We also had a good lunch at The George Inn at Lacock and the food was lovely. 
George Inn at Lacock
We’ve paid around SGD150++ per pax for this Day 2 trip. 


Too cold at the Stonehenge 


The only downside for this tour though is that we didn’t have much time to enter the famous building in Bath as there are a lot of tourists queueing up to enter. I believe we were only given 30 minutes to check the place and we found that too short. We booked our trip through this link
Photo taken in Bath

DAY 3: Oxford, Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick Castle Day Trip from London

Really a nice trip. It brought us back to the Medieval times. I dreamed of having my sons go to Oxford, you know? I love how the kids dressed up and the decency that everyone has shown us. It was also a scenic drive and picturesque locations. 
At the University of Oxford
We enjoyed seeing Shakespeare’s hometown and the history of the place via Stratford-upon-Avon. I really enjoyed the Warwick Castle and the kids will surely enjoy this place if they were with me. The place is too big though and there were a lot of tourists during that time so if you’re bringing your kids with you, always have your eyes on them. We took care of SGD150++ for this trip too. If you are interested with this tour, you can book yours through this link
Shakespeare's Hometown: Stratford-Upon-Avon

Please be aware that this is not the same bus and might be from a different bus company/travel& tours agency from the other trips you book in Viator. So if you want a good spot, come and queue up early. 


DAY 4: Picadilly Circus & Shopping

We wanted the last day to be free & easy so we can shop around. We went to Piccadilly Circus to find good bargains for Nike, Adidas as my husband’s a fan of rubber shoes. We also bought shoes for my kids and for our house angels as the rubber shoes were more affordable in the UK during sale season. I also took advantage of the time to go to groceries and pharmacy stores to get some vitamins for the kids, make-up brands from the UK youtubers, and other personal hygiene stuff. There is Marks & Spencer everywhere. It is like our Cold Storage in Singapore so it is easy to get western food. 
Shopping time at Piccadilly Circus



Over-all, we loved our trip in the UK and we plan to go back there to further explore the place as I was limited due to my condition that time. We’re also planning on travelling to Northern Ireland as my mom moved there so there’s a reason to check it out.

No comments: