Monday, August 20, 2018

Seoul Searching: Day 2

DAY  2: N Seoul Tower, Love Locks, Meyongdong Shopping, Groceries Shopping, Street food, and Chicken & Beer

Early morning, we rushed out to queue up for Isaac Toast, the famous Korean toast in Seoul but it was close on a Sunday. And since this shop is very close to a 7-11 store, we then decided to pick up all the cute stuff in the store for breakfast. It is also one of my favourite habits when I go out of the country- to check on the nearest 7-11 or 24/7 convenience stores and pick up local stuff as they best represent what the city/country local goods can offer. 

Binggrae saved the day



Why is everything so cute in Korea? 

We then headed to N Seoul Tower and took some pictures here. 
My friends and I pretending it was a stolen shot. 😝
Of course, why will you not take a picture at their famous version of Love Locks. 

After all the good pictures taken, we went straight to the shopping area and decided to have lunch in McDonald’s.

 I realized that this is also a good practice to check on their take on fast food and how each of these food chain adjusts to the local flavour. Once you compare, then you’d have a good idea of whether they are more into sweet, salty, sour, bitter or a combination of some or all. I mean, food is the best immersion to culture so apart from trying what the local restaurants offer, also try how the global brands adjust their flavours to suit the local palates.

After lunch, we went to Lotte’s grocery and I filled my huge luggage with cute and delicious food from Seoul. We have to carry the strawberries. You just can’t miss the strawberries guys! 


Our afternoon was spent shopping for skincare products, beauty products too, of course. The rates in KR are so much cheaper compared to Singapore so I really took advantage of my time here. I bought Tony Moly, Nature’s Republic, April Skin, CosRx, Laneige, Innisfree, Saem, Missha, amongst the many others. We also took advantage of this time to try on their street food. I was initially taken aback from trying it as I was 1 month pregnant with the twin that time. But the food are too cute not to try. 
It's the streetfood in Myeongdong guys. Try all their stuff! 
So as not to fill our tummies too much, we tried to order, 1 food at a time and share amongst the 4 of us 😆

This cotton candy is too cute to avoid
And this happened..Don't be fooled by the picture guys. This luggage is huge. LOL



Dinner was spent on a heart-to-heart talk with the girls over the famous Korean-combo of Chicken & Beer. For me, it was minus the beer as I was pregnant so I cannot take any alcohol. It was a serene moment. A combination of laughs and tears, sharing of stories and reminiscing the past experiences. Literally catching up where we left off. We’ve realized how priorities have changed and how our lifestyles have changed too. We were now into healthy living (I mean, always trying to :P). 
These capped off our 2nd night


No comments: