Monday, August 20, 2018

Seoul Searching in January: Last Day (Day 3)



DAY 3: Isaac Toast, Hanbok Fitting and Picture taking, Lunch before Departure

We woke up early to finally make the Isaac Toast happen. 
The famous Isaac Toast in Seoul but they do have one now in Singapore Yey!


At around 8am, there were about 10 people on queue already. I understood why the clamour was such for this chain. Isaac Toast brings is so much flavour in a simple sandwich. We ordered Ham & Cheese, which is their best seller too, we got the MVP Bulgogi, and a Steak Ham. The 4 of us ordered and we shared so we can have a taste of the different flavours. 

We love it and I am glad that I don’t need to go to Korea anymore as they do have one outlet in Plaza Singapura, Dhoby Ghaut Singapore which opened last July 2018. So I will highly recommend you guys try it out!

We headed to Seoul GlobalCultural Centre to have our pictures taken wearing the Hanbok. This is a cost-effective method as I do not remember that we paid anything (or any big amount, perhaps) in getting our photos taken. 
Pictures taken wearing a Hanbok

We did our last shopping to pick up some items we wanted to buy the day before but because we were indecisive, we didn’t. 😝
Bestfriends for 15 years (Missing the other Reyman girls)

Before heading back to the airport and this time we took the coach already at a fraction of the taxi's cost, we had our last lunch together at the restaurant beside Crown Hotel. 
Amazing Korean food
Amazing Korean food

I missed our bonding girls and I hope we can do it again early next year. With these girls, I don’t need to select my words, I don’t need to keep anything. This 15 years of friendship was tested by time and distance and we never departed by heart. We learn from each other’s stories in how they build their businesses and how they overcome challenges. Always a good conversation with these girls. It fills me up as I learn a lot of new things beyond what my corporate world teaches me.

This is how we made our 3-days,2 nights so much filled with memories, stories, experiences, places to visit, and food to try. I know that there should’ve been more places we could’ve visited. But the intention is not to have a tour but to reunite with my girls and to shop. J A never ending caution is IT IS TOO COLD IN SEOUL in January so seriously cover up. The cold never affects the beauty that Seoul can offer so I’d still encourage you to consider this month as it is quiet and hotels are not expensive.

No comments: